For those Maven haters out there there are five features that they must
love. Sure they may not like the implementation, but it can be
improved, the most important thing is the idea.
- Automatic downloading of dependencies.
- A consistent and standarized directory layout
- A consistent naming of goals (targets): war, jar, javadoc,…
- AOP like chain of goals (before invocation and after invocation pointcuts)
- A declarative descriptor of dependencies and project settings
They can be implemented using Ant, but why reinvent the wheel?