Today is release day, two things are out, a new version of the Better Builds with Maven book with the errata found to date fixed, and Maestro, open source end-to-end build solution based upon Apache Maven and Continuum that’s
easy to use, fast, and pre-configured for use with a high performance
repository, with commercial support available from Mergere. And yes, both the book and Maestro are free (as in free beer).
Announcements follow for more detail:
Mergere is pleased to announce the release of Better Builds with Maven 1.0.1, the How-to Guide for Apache Maven.
The book covers:
- An introduction to Maven 2.0
- Building applications with Maven
- Creating J2EE builds
- Plugin authoring
- Monitoring source code, testing, dependencies and releases
- Leveraging repositories and continuous integration in a team environment
- Converting existing Ant builds to Maven
This latest release corrects all errata found to date. Thanks to everyone that has contributed feedback since the initial release!
Better Builds with Maven is available free of charge (after registering) from http://library.mergere.com/.
Mergere is pleased to announce the release of Maestro 1.0.1, an end-to-end build solution based upon Apache Maven and Continuum that’s easy to use, fast, and pre-configured for use with a high performance repository.
- the Maestro Project Server for managing automated builds, project artifacts and developer sites
- the Maestro Developer Client for building Maven projects
- auto-configuration of developer settings from a common Project Server
- an automated installer for Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- comprehensive bundled documentation
- the book “Better Builds with Maven” (v1.0.1, also available as a separate download)
- Source code, licensed under the Apache License 2.0
Maestro is free to download and use (after registering) from http://www.mergere.com/products_developers.jsp.
There is no need to re-register if you have previously downloaded from Mergere.
Support is also available from Mergere. For more information, see http://www.mergere.com/services_core.jsp.
Hi Carlos, first I’d like to say thanks to you and the entire Maven team for creating such a great product. BetterBuildsWithMaven is a great resource as well. I’m not sure if you can do anything about this but I cannot search the PDF file using either Adobe Reader or Mac OS X’s Preview app. Am I the only one having this problem? Just curious. Thanks.
Thanks Chris, I’ve tried searching in Windows/Reader 7.0 and it works for me. We’ll try to fix it if you still have trouble searching.
Thanks for getting back to me, turns out the PDF I downloaded must have been the problem. After your post I downloaded another copy of BetterBuilds and it works great. Sorry for the confusion on my part 🙂